Most of you going away for a long vacation are good about keeping your home locked. Have installed a suitable security system for your home during your absence?
These days it seems more burglaries are taking place and as such every home can be monitored bya good New York home security company.
Particularly, when you are away from home for a very long duration, you can benefit by having a security system in place for your home. The following are few things that you should be aware of:
- Possibility of a power surge – Before leaving your home, you must always keep all your electrical appliances disconnected as there can always be an unexpected power surge that damages them.
- Security of your doors and windows – Make sure that all the door and window locks are fully secured and double-check that no intruder can break them open due to your carelessness.
- Security of your valuables – Ensure that all the expensive items and cash are kept in a certain secure place so that even if a burglar manages to enter, then they cannot easily access them.
- The garage must be locked – Often people forget to secure the garage and as a result, many burglars manage to enter inside through the garage. So, make sure that your garage is suitably locked.
- No spare keys remain outside – In case you leave any spare keys outside for your spouse, then ensure before going for a vacation that they never remain outside.